by Stanley Azuakola
This morning, as United States president Barack Obama delivered his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, the reactions on Twitter was instant. The president set a record, with approximately 52,757 tweets about him per minute.
And what tweets! Some of the reactions put to question a claim by Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan that he is the most criticised president in the world. If Jonathan’s claims are true, then Obama is not of this world because the tweets this morning … oh well, you take a look and judge for yourself.
1. @123Leap: Let’s just say that #FourMoreYears is looking more and more like #FormerYears. Poor speech. No record
2. @Tmcghghy: Obama’s speech got me excited. Excited to vote, and excited to vote for Mitt Romney
3. @MedvedSHow: My 20 yr old son, Danny, watched Obama’s speech & said: he told us everything he won’t do but never told us what he will do
4. @jri2: Wouldn’t you get an F if you’re caught plagiarizing? These are the same old promises
5. @Krauthamer: I never heard anything so hollow. Biden gave a better speech
6. @msknutsen: Watched Obama’s speech and I think he may have forgotten he’s been president for almost 4 yrs
7. @Toopika: Obama gave a great speech pregnant with some really bad ideas
8. @NolteNC: Of all the things I expected the DNC to get right – Obama’s speech. Wow. Fail. Maybe he was weakened by JobsNumbersItIs
And, uhm, these two below do seem a little unhinged, no?
9. @ArianaGrande: SMH! TF? Just B/C Obama Black don’t mean I’m Suppose to like Him. WTH. I Don’t NO President. F**k On.
10. @Alyssa_Douglas: Someone needs to assassinate Obama…like ASAP #DieYouPieceOfS**t
God bless America.