Nigeria’s Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu has threatened to release the video of the alleged assassination attempt to the public if the Nigerian Police do not correct their report that states that the attack was a mere burglary case.
It was reported Tuesday, that an unidentified gunman was arrested by the police on Tuesday in Abuja after invading the residence of Ekweremadu.
Police had said, in its report, “Preliminary investigation carried out so far did not reveal assassination attempt on the life of the Dep Senate President, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu and his family but a case of Burglary. However, the investigation is still ongoing to determine if there is any other motive behind the offence.
“There was no delay in Police intervention in the incident that occurred in the residence of the DSP. 4 Police personnel and 1 personnel of the NSCDC on duty at the residence of the DSP at the time of the incidence have been arrested and currently in detention for investigation.”
But in plenary today, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe cited Orders 42 & 52, bringing the attention of the Senate to the investigations of the Nigerian Police and attracted the reaction of Ekweremadu who said, “I want to thank you all for your concern in this matter. No thorough investigations were made by the police. I was shocked to hear that they had said it was a mere burglary case. My son, who was hospitalized, was not even interviewed by the police.
“The police looked at the CCTV footage but could not figure it out. Fortunately, a technician came and was able to figure out the footage. Unless they withdraw their report, I will release the video to Nigerians to judge for themselves.”
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram
Leave a reply