These are the top five stories that drove conversation today.
1. Nigeria May Stay Longer In Recession – Emefiele
Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, says Nigeria may stay longer in recession if bold policies are not activated to support the current fragile growth.
2. 1999 Constitution Review: Immunity For Lawmakers, Restriction Of Tenure Of Presidents And Governors, 31 Others (DETAILS)
The Senate had received a 33-item report on the fourth review of the 1999 constitution of Nigeria on Tuesday.
3. Trump Announces Transgender People Would Not Be Allowed To Serve In The U.S. Military
President Donald Trump in a series of tweets has announced that from now on, transgender people would not be allowed to serve in the U.S. military in any capacity.
4. Stop Stealing Public Funds…Work For The People | Shettima Tells Governors
Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima has advised other governors to stop stealing from the public treasury.
5. Why Buhari Is Allowing Governors Visit Him – Presidency
The Presidency on Tuesday said President Muhammadu Buhari recently allowed politicians to visit him in London “due to change in circumstances.”