These are the top five stories that drove conversation today.
- KOGI ASSEMBLY SPEAKER RESIGNS
Following the attack by suspected hoodlums, the Speaker of the Kogi State House of Assembly, Umar Imam has resigned.
2. TAX WILL BE PLACED ON FIRST CLASS, BUSINESS CLASS TICKETS, LUXURY GOODS – ADEOSUN
Minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun says the Federal Government has signed a policy to tax first class and business class air tickets alongside other luxury goods.
3. “SEEK OTHER AVENUES FOR YOUR RELEVANCE” | NIGERIAN ARMY BLASTS FAYOSE
The Nigerian Army on Thursday blasted the governor of Ekiti, Ayodele Fayose, for saying the corruption in the army isn’t allowing them defeat Boko Haram.
4. LA LIGA REJECTS NEYMAR’S €222M RELEASE CLAUSE PAYMENT
Neymar has attempted to pay the €222million (£198m) fee to release him from his contract with Barcelona – but La Liga has rejected it.
5. MMM RETURNS WITH NEW STRATEGY TO WOO NIGERIANS
Popular ponzi scheme, Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox (MMM) has launched a promotion campaign after collapsing few months ago.