These are the top five stories that drove conversation today.
- WE HAVE TRACED N47.2BN, $487.5M TO DIEZANI – EFCC
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said through thorough investigations by its operatives, it has traced N47.2 billion and $487.5 million in cash and properties to the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke.
2. COURT STRIKES OUT FG’S CASE AGAINST 7 COMMERCIAL BANKS
The Federal High Court Sitting, Lagos, has struck out a suit filed by the Federal Government against seven commercial banks.
3. COURT ORDERS FORFEITURE OF N7.6BN LINKED TO ALISON-MADUEKE
The Federal High Court, Lagos has ordered the interim forfeiture of N7,646,700,000 said to have been hidden in Sterling Bank Plc.
4. HOW N11TRN ELECTRICITY FUND WAS LOOTED UNDER OBASANJO, YAR’ADUA, JONATHAN – SERAP
A report by the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has alleged that N11trn meant for the provision of electricity was diverted under ex-presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan.
5. AT LEAST 3 KILLED IN KENYA POST-ELECTION VIOLENCE
Post-election violence in Kenya has led to the death of three people after opposition leader, Raila Odinga rejected results.