These are the top five stories that drove the conversation today.
- Trump, Clinton hold first US Presidential debate
With just about a month to the US presidential elections, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump went head-to-head in the first of the series of presidential debates.
2. Senate votes against sale of national assets
The Senate on Tuesday voted against the sale of the country’s national assets to cushion the effect of economic recession.
3. Buhari, Dogara, Tambuwal hold secret meeting in Aso Rock
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday held a secret meeting with Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara and Sokoto State governor, Aminu Tambuwal at the Presidential Villa.
4. Nigeria’s foreign reserves fall to $24.74bn – Udoma
The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma on Tuesday said Nigeria’s foreign reserves dropped from $26.51 billion to $24.74 billion within the second quaerter of 2016 to September.
5. Ondo primary: I will reply Tinubu soon – Oyegun
The national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) John Odigie-Oyegun says he will respond to Tinubu’s claim on the role he (Oyegun) played in the emergence of Rotimi Akeredolu as the party’s candidate for the Ondo governorship election.