These are the top five stories that drove conversation today.
1. Donald Trump nominates Ben Carson as Housing Secretary
President-elect of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump on Monday announced his intent to nominate Dr. Ben Carson to serve as Secretary of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
2. I can’t leave APC, I laboured with others to build it – Tinubu
National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu says he has no intention of leaving the party.
Tinubu, who denied rumours that he was going to set up a new party said he could not leave the party which he laboured to build.
3. Just In: Kaduna govt officially labels Shi’ites an insurgency group
The Kaduna state government on Monday released a White Paper where it described the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), popularly known as The Shi’ites an insurgent group.
4. Nigerians’ common sense is totally lost – Soyinka
Nobel Laureate Professor Wole Soyinka says he is embarrassed sometimes at occupying the same national space with some Nigerians, as many have lost their common sense.
5. Just In: FG bans importation of vehicles through land borders
The Federal Government has banned the importation of vehicles into Nigeria through the land borders.