These are the top five stories that drove conversation today.
1. “KANU HAS NO AUTHORITY TO SPEAK FOR THE IGBOS” – APGA
The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) has warned the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, against speaking for the Igbo people.
2. NIGERIA IN TROUBLE IF LAWMAKERS CAN’T DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN BUDGET AND CASH – FASHOLA
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says Nigeria is in big trouble if lawmakers cannot differentiate cash and budget.
3. NO PRESIDENT CAN PERFORM MAGIC WHEN THERE IS TENSION – JONATHAN
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says tension disturbs the progress of a nation.
4. OJO, LAMBO MOVE AGAINST DINO MELAYE’S RECALL FROM SENATE
The ongoing process to recall Senator Dino Melaye (Kogi West) may be heading for a brickwall, as former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Federal, Bayo Ojo (SAN), and former health Minister, Eyitayo Lambo have declared support for the federal lawmaker.
5. TRUMP PUTS CNN ON FULL BLAST AFTER IT RETRACTS RUSSIA STORY
The CNN’s decision to retract a story that connected a member of Donald Trump’s transition team to ongoing Russia investigations last week has been the butt of jokes for the network’s critics on social media and even mainstream media.