These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
- Wizkid gets first Grammy nomination
Nigerian artiste Wizkid has been nominated for the Grammy awards for the first time.
The musician bagged his nomination in the Album of the Year category in the 59th edition of the award for featuring in Drake’s Album Views, one of the nominated albums.
2. Just In: Late Ifedolapo Oladepo had untreated kidney infection – NYSC
A report conducted by the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on the death of Ifedolapo Oladepo, a corps member of the 2016 Batch ‘B’, who died at the National Youth Service Corps orientation camp in Kano, has revealed that she had an untreated kidney infection.
3. Beyoncé, Drake, Rihanna, Kanye West lead 2017 Grammy nominations (FULL LIST)
The nominees for the 59th Grammy Awards were announced on Wednesday with Beyoncé leading with 9 nominations, followed by Drake, Rihanna and Kanye West (8 each).
View the complete list of nominees here.
4. Buhari to present 2017 budget to National Assembly on December 14
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday wrote to the Senate seeking an audience with the joint session of the National Assembly for the presentation of the Appropriation Bill for the 2017 fiscal year.
5. UNIJOS suspends professor caught cheating during exams
The University of Jos has suspended an associate Professor of Law, Benedicta Daudu for allegedly cheating during an examination on May 4.