These are the top five stories that drove conversation today.
- #AmericaDecides: Donald Trump casts vote in New York
Republican candidate, Donald Trump on Tuesday cast his vote near his home in New York accompanied by his wife, Melania, his daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner and the couple’s daughter Arabella.
2. BREAKING: Supreme Court affirms election of Dickson as Bayelsa governor
The Supreme Court on Tuesday affirmed the election of the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, Governor Seriake Dickson at the last governorship election in Bayelsa State.
3. Reps urges FG to promote late Abu Ali, 6 other soldiers
The House of Representatives on Tuesday urged the Federal Government to promote late Lt. col Muhammed Abu Ali to the rank of a Colonel.
The lower chamber also asked the government to promote 6 other soldiers who died during the the attack by Boko Haram in Mallam Fatori.
4. Our past mistakes brought about recession – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said the mistakes Nigeria made in the past led to the harsh economic situation it is experiencing.
5. Senate moves to scrap age bracket, experience requirements for job seekers
The Senate on Tuesday began moves to remove the age bracket specification for recruitment and employment of job seekers in the country.
Senator Matthew Urhogide sponsored the motion on the floor of the Senate on Tuesday.