The Minister of Interior, Lt Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (retd.) on behalf of the Federal government in a statement by the Permanent Secretary, Abubakar Magaji, has declared Monday, October 2, 2017, as a public holiday to celebrate Nigeria at 57.
- The Minister congratulated Nigerians on the anniversary.
- He urged Nigerians to sustain the collective efforts towards maintaining and strengthening the unity of the country.
- Dambazau emphasized government’s commitment to promoting national unity, economic growth and political development on democratic principles.
- The minister enjoined all Nigerians to remain steadfast in the love and care of the country, noting that a strong sense of ownership of one’s country is vital to the sustainable development of any nation.
- He expressed profound appreciation to Nigerians and the international community for their support and co-operation with President Muhammadu Buhari.
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram