by Chi Ibe
The show might be over, Mercy has won but the behind the scene drama and backstory emerging is just as entertaining as the on stage performances.
Check out 10 things we didn’t know about Nigerian Idols this season:
1.Port Harcourt had four entrants into the top 12: Mercy, Linda, Chinedu and Najite.
2. The stage cost approximately N40 million naira and was funded by Etisalat.
3. The show ran for 7 months from September to April this year.
4. The winner, Mercy’s native name is Nnenda meaning ‘father’s mother.’
5. Nigerian Idol enjoys a massive following in the United Kingdom which includes non-Africans.
6. Charly Boy fell off his chair while laughing at a contestant during the auditions.
7. www.nigerianidol.com has had more than 26 million hits in 6 months.
8. Mercy comes from a polygamous family. She is the second child of her mother.
9.The youngest contestant this season was Chinedu Ugwuadu from Port Harcourt.
10. Diwari is from the famous Peterside family.
And below, some pictures you won’t see anywhere else!