After months of anticipation, as well as criticism, President Muhammadu Buhari, has finally approved some key appointments.
A statement released by Presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, listed the names of the appointees as follows;
- Engr. Babachir David Lawal – Secretary to the Government of the Federation
- Alhaji Abba Kyari – Chief of Staff to the President
- Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (rtd.) – Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service
- Mr. Kure Martin Abeshi – Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service
- Senator Ita S.J. Enang – SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate)
- Hon. Suleiman A. Kawu – SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives)
The appointments are with effect from today, August 27, 2015.