Compiled by Wilfred Okiche
American actor/producer/director/screenwriter, Tyler Perry has topped Forbes magazine’s latest list of the highest paid men in the entertainment business. He made an estimated fortune of $130million dollars between May 2010 to May 2011, most of it from starring in and producing his wildly popular Madea films where he dresses up as a feisty matriarch. He also produces the hit TBS sitcoms ”Meet the Browns” and “House of Payne”
Below is the remainder of the Top 10 list of the highest paid men in Hollywood
2) Jerry Bruckheimer, $113million. The hitmaker produced the fourth film in the Pirates of the Carribean franchise ‘On Stranger Tides’ and it conquered the box-office.
3) Steven Spielberg, $107million. Perhaps America’s most successful director. He has two upcoming films; the world war drama ‘War Horse’ and the big budget visual spectacle ‘The Adventures of Tintin’
4) Elton John, $100million. The ‘Candle in the Wind’ crooner and father of one might be aging but his fans still love him. His world tour brought in over $200million.
5) Simon Cowell, $90million. You may love to hate this cocky Brit but he is smiling all the way to the bank. He retired from ‘American Idol’, the show that brought him most of his fortune but is set to conquer the U.S once more with ‘X-Factor’, another singing competition.
6) James Patterson, $84million. The thriller master always has his novels topping the bestseller lists. His most popular fictional creation, Detective Alex Cross has appeared on film twice already and is set to make a return with the upcoming ‘I, Alex Cross’ starring Tyler Perry.
7) Dr. Phil Mcgraw, $80million. Anointed by Oprah Winfrey herself, the good Doctor has made quite a fortune from his hit talk show where he dishes out doses of reality to his patients.
8) Leonardo Dicaprio, $77million. ‘Titanic’ might have made him a household name but it is starring in two of his most successful movies in recent times, “Inception” and “Shutter Island” that put him on this list.
9) Howard Stern, $76million. Love him or hate him, the shock jock keeps counting the big bucks.
10) Tiger Woods, $75million. His personal life might be in tatters but he still manages to keep those endorsement deals coming. Not bad for a man many had prematurely written off.