by Dolapo Adelana
These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
1. Assassination attempt: Gov. Bello’s silence speaks volumes – Dino Melaye
The senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye, has said the silence of state Governor, Yahaya Bello over the assassination attempt on his life speaks volume.
2. Lagos to execute Reverend King, others
The Lagos State Government has said it would sign the death warrant, for the execution of the General Overseer of the Christian Praying Assembly, Rev. Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, popularly called Reverend King as well as other murder convicts in the state.
3. ‘EFCC invites ex-governor, tenants over $50m discovered in Osborne Towers’
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has invited a former governor for questioning over $50m discovered by the agency in an apartment in Lagos.
4. We don’t know the source of $50m discovered by EFCC – CBN
The Central Bank of Nigeria has said it does not know the source of $50m discovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) at an apartment in Ikoyi Lagos.
5. Facebook killer Steve Stephens commits suicide – Police
Steve Stephens, the “Facebook killer” who streamed the killing of a random Cleveland man has committed suicide, Pennsylvania State Police said on Facebook.