It’s down to the wire tonight as 8 highly talented finalists battle to be the first ever winner of #TheVoiceNigeria.
While fans vote for their favourite contestants to take home the mouth-watering record deal and brand new SUV worth 7 million, here are 5 things to know about these 8 finalists for tonight’s show.
- Agharese Emokpae is from a creative family.
- She is a stage actress.
- She has been doing music theatre ever since she graduated from Washington and Lee University in 2010.
- She has starred in various musicals and theatre productions in both Nigeria and The United States.
- The 28-year-old Arese is from Lagos.
- Patrick Asuquo Effiom is from Cross River State.
- He is 24 years old.
- He is currently studying Radiography at the University of Calabar.
- He is a choirmaster at church, where he met his wife.
- He has always been torn between music and medicine but he now says music has won his heart.
- Chisom Vivian Udeh is 22.
- She is from Anambra state.
- She is a Law graduate.
- Her boss is her musical inspiration.
- The singing competition is her biggest platform.
- Brenda Ngozi Anieossa hails from Delta state.
- She is 20-years-old.
- She used to prefer dance over music.
- If she wins the competition, she will have to thank her mum for motivating her to pursue a career in music.
- Asides being a musician, Brenda sells clothes as a side hustle.
- Chike-ezekpeazu Osebuka is from Anambra State.
- The 20-year-old is a graduate of Computer Engineering from Covenant University, Ogun state.
- According to him, he grew up in a family where everybody was involved in music in some manner.
- His favourite artistes are Timi Dakolo and John Legend.
- This is not his first time on a major singing competition. He was one of the finalists on MTN Project Fame.
- Chukwunonso Bassey Iwuchukwu is an Imo state native.
- He is a Federal civil service worker in his hometown.
- His family fully supports his music dream.
- Nonso’s biggest dream is to touch people all around the world with the songs he writes and sings.
- He wants his music to make people feel, cry, celebrate and be inspired.
- Cornelius Uche Ogar is from Cross River state.
- At 35, he’s the oldest contestant on the competition.
- He is a music entrepreneur and a primary school music teacher.
- He’s currently in a band.
- Cornelius discovered music at the age of nine, in church.
- Adesola Victor Adewe is a Lagos University Engineering student.
- He hails from Ekiti state.
- Dewe is 19-years-old.
- Dewe is also a music producer.
- He is in a band and that’s where he discovered his producing abilities when he and his band members struggled to find a beat-maker.