As the 2019 elections draw near, with the governorship election coming up March 2, 2019, The Platform – a governance initiative by Covenant Christian Centre to help shape discussions on politics, economy and social development – is organising a debate which is to come up on January 13, 2019.
In a video posted by the Senior Pastor, Poju Oyemade, the details of the debate have not been given yet but, the debate is to take place between the Lagos governorship candidates.
The Platform will be holding The Lagos Gubernatorial debate in January. Details to be released on Friday.
Posted by Poju Oyemade on Sunday, December 9, 2018
Pastor Oyemade had previously announced that The Platform will be organising, “3 debates during this electoral season. A Lagos State Gubernatorial debate, A Vice Presidential and A Presidential debate.
He added that “These will be the real debates. Balanced and Authentic.
“The purpose of the debates is to get to know inner workings of the minds of your candidates and to hold them accountable when in office.”
Meanwhile, see below the list of possible candidates to participate in the debate (in no particular order):
- Ayodele Akele – National Conscience Party (NCP).
- Pauline Adegbe – Progressives Peoples’ Alliance (PPA).
- Aregbesola Ishola – Action Alliance (AA).
- Godwin Mayor – Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN).
- Babajide Sanwo-Olu – All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Olujimi Agbaje – Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
- Victor Adeniji – Kowa Party.
- Olatunde Olusesan – New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP).
- Ademola Razaq – Advanced Congress of Democrats (ACD).
- Kayode Jacobs – Mega Progressive Peoples Party (MPPP).
- Festus Igbinoba – United Progressive Party (UPP).
- Akin Badmus – Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM).
- Edwin Izuchukwu – All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).
- Olurotimi Olulana – Labour Party (LP).
- Owolabi Salis – Alliance for Democracy (AD).