by Emmanuel Chidiogo
The Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, recently hosted a group of journalists at his residence, and answered questions on the state of the nation, his disagreement with President Goodluck Jonathan, and other issues.
Below are top 10 quotes from the interview;
1) In Nigeria nobody runs for president. You just sit and you become president.
2) What is all this rumour that I am going to the PDP? I have finished with the PDP.
3) what we have is a diarchy not a democracy – government by both the military and the civilian.
4) So, first we need to get a new chairman and he has to be a Christian (Speaking on the APC chairmanship post)
5) How can we lose Osun? Say something else.
6) If the presence of soldiers could stop violence, by now Borno should be the citadel of joy and happiness where people would be dancing
7) There are many soldiers in Abuja and of all places that we have thought would be very secure is the plaza, which was bombed recently. So, police are enough.
8) I think in the current security situation, police are enough for security measure during election.
9) From come and be vice-president, what is he now? So, why do people ask me whether I want to be president after this kind of intervention by God? Why not ask me whether I am fasting?
10) A leader must be ready to sacrifice his life for his country. And if I was the president of Nigeria, I would not because I want to win election split this country into two religious lines.