The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Osun has challenged the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to a public discourse on the future of the state.
- The APC said it would like the PDP to articulate publicly “why it has been so viciously opposed to everything done by the Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola-led APC government and why the party wants the projects abandoned or destroyed or both”.
This was relayed In a statement by its spokesperson Kunle Oyatomi.
- “Besides, the PDP should clearly explain what it plans to replace these projects with and how.”
- “We seek civilised engagement with the PDP and others on the critical issues, which will be moderated by the media because the best governorship election will be based on issues that require thorough enlightenment of the voting public.”
- “In the light of this dangerous political incitement of the PDP and the wicked fake news peddling, which other opponents of the APC government have made a habit of spreading, it has become necessary to engage these misdirected politicians and a treacherous ex-Head of Service (HoS) in a public discourse.”
- “The people of the State of Osun are being taken for a ride by unscrupulous politicians who are shamelessly given the impression that the people of the state are largely gullible, hence incapable of appreciating things of international standard, developed in their communities.”