by Roqeebah Olaoniye
Yesterday the President met with Governors Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara and Kashim Shettima of Borno and though we do not know for certain what the purpose of this meeting is, we won’t be surprised if it’s connected to the recent #Zamfara killings.
Another thing that won’t surprise us is if Governor Yari spews careless words. We’ve put together five Yari quotes (from this year alone) that should save you the surprise too.
- We “will deal decisively” with anyone caught desecrating the Holy Qur’an in the state.
When a few months ago, mutilated pages of the Holy Qur’an were discovered in sewage in Gusau which attracted public outcry, that’s what the Governor had to say.
- “There has never been any bill brought to me by the House of Assembly that l did not assent to nor have l ever spent money without their approval.
That’s what Yari had to say when moves to impeach him were being made by Zamfara’s legislators in July.
- I don’t know if he is alive or dead.
Now to the recent killings in his state. Yari, the Governor and Chief security officer of Zamfara State said to reporters said he was unaware of whether the first victim of the violence was alive or not. He rambled on for several lines repeating what security officials must have briefed him and ended with our number 4.
- Other students came and beat up the other boy who is Yoruba from Kogi State.
What does that have to do with anything Oga!
- All the people killed… were Muslims and not like the rumours going around in the social media that Christians are being killed in Zamfara.
Seriously Governor Yari?!
Creative mind. Enthusiast. Learner. Multipotentialite. And here, an assistant editor.
Yari is a confused Hausa fulani terrorist
Leave a reply