by Tolu Omoyeni
Artiste, Jhene Aiko’s divorce from Nigerian-American record producer and mixing engineer, Dot Da Genius as been nothing but tumultous (because Nigerians on Twitter spent their weekend pointing fingers and trashing Jhene), but no matter how the story ends, Dot da Genius is just another demon representing the Yoruba tribe in faraway America. As his name suggests, Oladipo Omishore aka Dot da Genius is an ingenious Yoruba demon that his fellows back in Nigeria will be proud of.
See evidence to back up our claim that Omishore is a member of the Yoruba Demon Association…
1. Dot da Genius has a daughter from a previous relationship and the identity of the baby mama is unknown. We know having babies and baby mamas is how the best of Yoruba demons mark attendance in their ‘cult’. Wizkid, Davido are just a few of his predecessors (and mentors) in the baby daddy game. We’ve all seen how their relationships turn out, haven’t we?
2. Dot da Genius is still BFFs with his ex. Yoruba demons are famous for never fully ending things with past girlfriends; who knows when they will be called upon again to render some
indoor services help? Talk about eating your cake and still having the whole lot to yourself afterwards. Your current girlfriend or wife will never be able to come to terms with this. It’s disrespectful and we definitely understand how Jhene feels. Poor Jhene.
3. Yoruba demons always have a group of friends who have their backs through thick and thin. For Dot da Genius, that special friend is Kid Cudi. Two years back, when the couple just got together and the love was still hot on Twitter, Kid Cudi tweeted “if you hurt him, I’ll kill you”. This is how Yoruba demons set up formation against unsuspecting young ladies. It never matters what their guy does, they always have his back. We rebuke every formation of demons by fire!
4. Just like Dot da Genius, the association of Yoruba demons are too scared to commit to any woman. Jhene alleges that Dot does not want to live with her. Those of you dating this specie of men know that they prefer to be visiting boyfriends. They don’t want to share space with you on a long term basis. Just drop by, mark register and say bye. Demons, what exactly are your fears? Can you tell us so we can pray about it? Or is it claustrophobia? We need to understand, please.
5. Yoruba demons like to feast on groceries especially when it’s in the form of booty. Jhene made this known in lucid terms when she featured on Omarion’s hit track “Post to be”. They eat your booty like groceries and chuck whatever is left of you in the bin. Sorry Jhene, you must have enjoyed all of it at the time to even sing about it. So, don’t invite us into your matter now.