On Monday August 22, 2016, Eyitayo Jegede was voted as the PDP governorship candidate for the forthcoming elections in the state.
But many may know little about Jegede except that he is a two-time Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Ondo state.
Here are seven other things you need to know about.
1. He was appointed a Notary Public by the Chief Justice of Nigeria in 1992 and was elevated to the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria on 16th December, 2008. Eyitayo Jegede, is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, and was called to the Nigerian bar in 1984.
2. He was a two-time chairman of the Adamawa state chapter of the Nigerian Bar Association.
3. He was a member of the 5-man implementation Committee that was saddled with the responsibility of establishing the American University of Nigeria (AUN), Adamawa State.
4. He is a member of the Council of Legal Education in Nigeria.
5. He represented was a member of the Ondo state Volleyball team at the intermediate level during the various National Sports Festivals at Kaduna in 1977, Ibadan in 1979 where he won laurels for the State.
6. Jegede is a former Chancellor of the Anglican Communion of Jalingo, Taraba State, he was once the Chancellor of Anglican Dioceses of Yola.
7. He is a University of Lagos alumnus where he had his Law Degree Course between 1980 and 1983. He also captained the University Volleyball team.
Dolapo is a writer and journalist who works with YNaija. He has interests in Christianity, politics and sports.