The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says there are 79 road portions in the country need critical attention before Christmas.
The FRSC Corps Marshal, Boboye Oyeyemi said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the FRSC Academy in Udi, Enugu on Thursday.
- Oyeyemi said, “We have submitted a report containing 79 portions in the critical road corridors throughout the country to the Minister of Power, Works and Housing. We believe the report will be given due attention before the yuletide,” he said.
- According to him, it is also necessary to fix critical road corridors to check traffic build-ups.
- “We thank God that the Minister of Works has graciously agreed to our plea of fixing and doing palliative works on most of the critical road corridors identified.
- On Ember month programme, the FRSC boss said the corps was ready to carry out comprehensive enforcement of traffic violations, to serve as a deterrent for negative road habits and negligence.
- “We will critically look out for expired tyres, speed limiting device (for commercial buses), overloading, reckless driving, seat belt usage, driving licence, among others. All these range of items and compliance, when got right, will engender safe and secured road for all road users in all our road corridors during the ember months.’’
- He also said that all Zonal, Sector, Unit and Route Commanders had been “well briefed’’ on what to look out for, assuring that the corps would be more proactive ever than before.
- Oyeyemi called on road users to cooperate with FRSC officials and volunteers to ensure a safe and free-flowing traffic, especially during the yuletide season.