1. Panic as MMM operations get frozen for a month
Popular ponzi scheme MMM has frozen its operations for one month due to “heavy workload”.
2. ‘Pastor of Reigners Bible Church ignored stop work order’
There are strong indications that the collapse of a church building in Uyo, Akwa Ibom on Saturday was due to the pastor of the church ignoring a ‘stop work’ order given by the city’s Development Authority.
3. Troops likely to leave North-East in 2017 – Buratai
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, says troops fighting the Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East would be returned to the barracks in 2017, when the fight would have been over.
4. ExxonMobil CEO, Tillerson favourite to emerge as Trump’s Secretary of State
CEO of ExxonMobil, Rex Tillerson has emerged the favourite candidate for the position of Secretary of State in US President-elect Donald Trump’s cabinet.
5. Sheriff is a paid agent of the APC – Makarfi-led PDP
The Ahmed Makarfi faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and members of his faction of being paid agents of the All Progressives Congress (APC).