by Dolapo Adelana
1. EFCC denies planting N49m at Kaduna airport
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has denied media reports (not YNaija) that the N49m recovered at the Kaduna International Airport was a stunt.
2. INEC queries 202 staff for alleged involvement in electoral malpractice
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said it issued 202 queries to its staff members accused of election malpractices.
3. Magu should continue acting indefinitely, Presidential Committee advises Buhari
The Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to allow the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, to continue in his position indefinitely.
4. Suspected herdsmen kill ex-Edo council boss, abduct 15 persons
Suspected Fulani herdsmen in the early hours of Thursday attacked travellers along the busy Benin-Auchi-Okene Highway and kidnapped 15 persons, killing the immediate past chairman of Etsako East local government area in Edo State.
5. Consumer Protection Council begins investigation into Fanta and Sprite
The Consumer Protection Council (CPC) has begun an investigation into the safety of additives in Nigerian Bottling Company’s Fanta and Sprite.
Dolapo is a writer and journalist who works with YNaija. He has interests in Christianity, politics and sports.