These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- One of the recalled judges recieved N90m bribe from 100 lawyers – Buhari’s aide
Special Assistant to the President on Prosecution, Okoi Obono-Obla has said one of the judges recalled from suspension by the National Judicial Council received gratification worth N90m from 100 lawyers.
2. National Assembly thinks the budget is its personal property – Sagay
Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), on Sunday agreed with Acting President Yemi Osinbajo that the National Assembly has no powers to introduce any project into the budget.
3. Expose the thieves in your churches | Osinbajo charges Christian leaders
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has urged churches to reject illegally earned money offered to them.
Osinbajo charged Christian leaders and churches to start exposing those whose wealth are questionable.
4. We don’t see Nnamdi Kanu as a south-east leader of thought – Presidency
The Presidency has said the government does not see leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) as a leader of thought in the south-east region.
5. Dasuki has refused to account for $1.2bn transactions in one day – FG
The Federal Government has said former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki has refused to explain why he made $1.2billion transaction in one day.