These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- OSINBAJO’S STATEMENT ON MAGU WAS A PERSONAL OPINION – GARBA SHEHU
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity,Garba Shehu has said the statement made by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on the confirmation of Acting Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, was a personal opinion.
2. ‘PANEL IDENTIFIES POLICE OFFICER WHO RELEASED BILLIONAIRE KIDNAPPER EVANS IN 2006’
The Policewoman who has been accused of aiding the release of billionaire kidnapper,Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike popularly known as Evans in 2006 has been identified.
3. AUDIO REVEALS WHAT AGF MALAMI ACTUALLY SAID ABOUT OSINBAJO’S STATEMENT ON MAGU (LISTEN)
An audio interview by journalists with Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami has shown that the Presidency misinformed Nigerians about what he said on the statement made by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on the appointment of EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu.
4. N46BN FRAUD: COURT DISMISSES TOMPOLO’S SUIT AGAINST FG
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday dismissed the suit filed by Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, challenging a criminal charge preferred against him by the Federal Government.
5. FROZEN $5.9M: APPEAL COURT TO HEAR PATIENCE JONATHAN’S CASE ON JULY 12
The Court of Appeal has fixed July 12, 2017 to hear an appeal filed by Patience Jonathan, the wife of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.