These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- APC CONVENTION DELAYED BY BUHARI’S ILLNESS – YARI
Zamfara State governor, Abdulaziz Yari has said the national convention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) was being delayed due to the illness of President Muhammadu Buhari.
2. SAGAY BLASTS REPS FOR ORDERING MINISTER TO REINSTATE NHIS BOSS
The Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption,Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), has blasted the House of Representatives for asking the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, to reinstate the suspended Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme, Prof. Usman Yusuf.
3. US SENATOR MCCAIN DIAGNOSED WITH BRAIN CANCER
Senator John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer, his office announced on Wednesday.
The statement released said the 80-year-old lawmaker underwent surgery to remove a blood clot from above his left eye last week and tests “revealed that a primary brain tumor known as a glioblastoma was associated with the blood clot.”
4. I DIDN’T SAY FG WILL BAN PRODUCTION OF MUSIC VIDEOS OVERSEAS – LAI MOHAMMED
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has denied saying the Federal Government will ban production of Nigerian movies and music videos abroad.
5. LINDA IKEJI’S SISTER, LAURA DELIVERS BABY BOY
Laura Ikeji, younger sister of media entrepreneur Linda Ikeji, has been delivered of a baby boy, Ryan.