These are the top five stories to monitor today
1. ‘We will prosecute corrupt APC members’ – President Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that if any member of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) was found to be corrupt, he would not hesitate to turn them over to the law.
2. Buhari will ban Dogara if he knew him well – Jibrin
Former Chairman of the House Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, on Monday, said that President Buhari would ban Speaker Dogara if he knew Dogara’s corrupt practises.
3. I am justified – Obasanjo
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that the accusation of budget padding in the House of Representatives has justified his earlier stance.
4. FIFA president visits Nigeria
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday received the president of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), Gianni Infantino.
5. We will use force if dialogue fails – Army
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has said the Nigerian Army would resort to force as an option if the dialogue between Niger Delta militants and FG fails.