Here are the top five news stories to monitor today
1. Man who named dog ‘Buhari’ remanded in prison
A magistrate court in Ogun state has remanded Joachim Iroko, the man who named his dog Buhari, in prison.
2. EFCC questions INEC officials
The Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, Mahmood Yakubu, has revealed that the the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) questioned about 100 staff of INEC over bribery allegations.
3. Ooni of Ife insists that he worships the almighty God
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi has stated that he is not an idol worshipper, but a worshipper of the “Almighty God”.
4. 8 killed in Zamfara for blasphemy
About 8 persons were allegedly killed in Talata-Mafara community in Zamfara state for blasphemy.
5. Boko Haram rapes women, kills others in attack
Terror group, Boko Haram, attacked Shawa village in Askira Local Government Area of Borno State killing and raping several persons.