Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. General Tukur Buratai on Saturday said the Army will continue its rescue missions in the North-east, regardless of the Federal Government’s efforts to dialogue with the insurgents.
Buratai said this while speaking with journalists shortly after commissioning the Nigerian Army Officers Wife Association (NAOWA) Day Care, Nursery and primary school at Ribadu Cantonment, Kaduna.
Buratai said over 20,000 persons abducted by the Boko Haram insurgency have been rescued by the military, stating that it won’t stop anytime soon.
He appealed to anybody with useful information that could boost the rescue operations to volunteer such information to the military.
“We have so far rescued over 20,000 abducted persons, and we are still rescuing more and we will continue to do that.
“We will continue to carry out our rescue operations, this rescue is ongoing, as far as the Army, and indeed the military is concerned, we will continue to play our own part.
“The negotiation is left for appropriate arm of government, but we are looking for any information to rescue anybody that is being held hostage,” he said.