by Tolu Omoyeni
Over time, former Cool FM OAP Freeze has been in the business of weighing in on issues that concern celebrities, their personal lives, pastors, the economy and essentially, everything else. More often than not, his comments are incite public banter and generally upset people, rather than solve any problems.
His long list of victims include Pastor Adeboye, Pastor TB Joshua, the Ooni of Ife, Onyeka Onwenu, Ruggedman, Tiwa Savage, Duncan Mighty, Festus Keyamo to name a few. Freeze has taken more than a swipe at everybody that matters in the country and has gone from an audience favourite on radio to a public enemy.
Here are some of the most outrageous and uncalled-for comments that will make Freeze’s legacy:
- About COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo and the controversy with church member and alleged mistress, Ese Walters, Freeze had this to say: After being abused by a so-called man of God, Ese initially lost her trust and now her faith. And then Nigeria blames her, calling her all sorts of names. What about the man who led her astray? I saw him at the airport the other day dressed from head to toe in monogrammed Gucci and Louis Vuitton. With the way he was dressed, his lavish parties and cars combined with what happened to Ese, I won’t trust him to sweep my compound yet some people call him pastor. #SMH. – Oh, he tagged Pastor Fatoyinbo a complete eyesore of a man, too.
- To Onyeka Onwenu when she blamed tribalism for her removal as DG of NCWD: Dear Madam, you were not sacked because you are Igbo, stop creating unnecessary tension in an already volatile situation. You are not helping matters. Sit at home and face your issues without dragging an innocent nation into your personal battle. How long did you expect to eat under two regimes and what really did you have to offer? Just a thought!
- To Pastor TB Joshua when he claimed he predicted the terrorist attack in Brussels: Baba leave story. You didn’t predict jack! Northern French country ko, Southern Portuguese country ni. Shior! Your so-called prediction killed about 30 while in your own backyard 116 were killed??! Baba leave this one and go and predict #Surebet Make boys hammer!
- About all Nigerian DJs but his friend, DJ Xclusive: Most of the other deejays are deaf and dumb, some of them cannot communicate except through sign language, mixing their hands in gesticulations of sorts.
- About lawyer, Festus Keyamo who missed out on the SAN status this year: Duuuh, there’s two types of lawyers: those that practice law on TV and on newspaper pages and those that practice in court. If on-air personality, video vixens and VJs become Senior Advocates of Nigeria, then I guess he deserves it.
- After Basketmouth made a joke about the physical abuse Freeze claimed to suffer from his ex-wife: #putajokeinthebasket Let’s help an old colleague resurrect his ailing career by donating a #joke. His performance at #OLIC2 was just too weak. N50,000 for the best joke. Let’s help him keep his dream alive.