from Healthy Black Woman
You are out to dinner and he has been lovely to you, but snippy to the waitress and left an extremely low tip. Think carefully because it could be you getting the same treatment when you make him dinner in the future.
Dating can be fun for some people and a little rough for others. Finding that right person can be like an adventure. However, while you are dating, even if you think you have found the one, watch out for these eight signs of trouble to come.
1. You are out to dinner and he has been lovely to you, but snippy to the waitress and left an extremely low tip. Think carefully because it could be you getting the same treatment when you make him dinner in the future.
2. He has a boa for a pet. This could mean that he doesn’t know how to think things through. Boas keep growing for 30 years and eat rodents every day. It could show that he didn’t think to the future about possible kids and family life down the road that this snake wouldn’t fit into. Maybe it’s not a boa, but there could be some signs that he doesn’t think things through.
3. If he doesn’t know how to hook up the DVR, watch out. We may not need men for everything such as changing tires or headlights, but technology can be tricky and it would be nice to have someone around to hook up the internet, TV, and cable!
4. When he sulks like a moody teen at family gatherings, he may not be the one for you. You want someone who will make the effort to get along with your family members instead of sulking because he would rather be somewhere else.
5. Does he floss and brush? If he doesn’t take care of his teeth, think about what else he doesn’t take care of?
6. If you hear him at a party describing your job and it’s not even close to what you actually do, he doesn’t listen or pay attention to details about you.
7. When he is swimming, does he put his face in the water? If he can’t commit to putting his face down, what else will he refuse to commit to?
8. Studies have shown that people choose a mate who has advantageous genes through smell. If his smell is less than desirable he may have disadvantageous genes.
Read this article in Healthy Black Woman
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.