by Kolapo Olapoju
Of late, the First Lady has been on a roll, and she’s not about to stop just yet.
Patience Jonathan is a woman of many words, intelligent or otherwise, she spews them with careless abandon.
While speaking in Ado Ekiti, on Monday, March 16, during the rally of the women’s wing of the Peoples Democratic Party, she said many things.
Here are 5 of them:
1. “What did they forget in Aso rock? If you vote PDP and Jonathan, it would be better for you. If you vote APC, you will go to prison. How can you jail somebody for 300 years? I’m not ready to carry food to my husband inside prison oh!”
2. “They said there is no Office of the First Lady. Already, we know that there is no Office of the First Lady but there is wife of the President. As (the) wife of the President, if you are good, people will love you. You will have a Non-Governmental Organisation through which you will touch people’s lives. That is why I brought Women for Change Initiative.”
3. “If you drink APC, you will die. Since my father was born, they have been around changing from one name to another. Very soon they would answer Ebola. The name can’t change you; it is only performance that can change you. If you like change it 100 times. Nigerian women shine your eyes, don’t go for analogue, go for digital. PDP is digital, APC is analogue.”
4. “This is the time to say thank you so that he will do more. Those people when they were there, they said we didn’t have brains. Jonathan came and lifted us from where we were lying helplessly.”
5. “PDP is not a party that tells lies. Whatever we promise to do, we do. We are not a propagandist party. Ekiti women, your mother is here and I will not tell you lies, but the truth. Nigerian women shine your eyes o! Vote with what you have seen, who you already know and who has performed. If anyone is telling you change, they are deceiving you.”