by Anike Jacobs
As they say, to whom much is given, much is expected. Nigerian celebrities have showcased ah-mazing sense of style this year.
When it comes to red carpets, weddings, casual events and more, they have proven to be on top of their fashion game and that is why we bring you the ten celebs that rocked the fashion world in 2014.
Toke Makinwa-Ayida: This year has been all around awesome for media personality Toke Makinwa. From her surprise marriage to her endorsement with Maggi, breaking into the TV world to her successful vlog series – it’s been simply wonderful. And one more thing; she never fails to impress at events – always looking flawless and the best part is, she has pretty much turned her Instagram page to an ad space for fashion entrepreneurs… not to mention how she elegantly rocked five awesome dresses at the Headies awards which held a few weeks ago.
2. Mercy Aigbe: Yoruba movie star came out of her shell and has emerged one of the best dressed female celebrities in Nigeria in 2014. The happy mum of two, who recently launched her boutique has gradually become one of the ladies that fashionaistas look out for on red carpet.
3. Linda Ikeji: Nigeria’s foremost blogger, Linda Ikeji’s high taste in fashion is second to none. When stepping out, her designer shoes, wrist watch and bags are always a match – and she’s got the body to hold it down.
Check her out:
4. Rita Dominic and her signature ‘Afro hair’ impressed us at all the red carpets this year – from the AFRIFF 2014, to the Genevieve Pink ball, to Florence Ita-Giwa’s daughters wedding and more.
5. Genevieve Nnaji: What’s a best dressed list without our very own Genny? The super star actress rarely attends events but when she does, she is the cynosure of all eyes.
6. Osas Ighodaro: And of-course, Osas!
7. Funke Akindele: Our very own ‘Jenifa’ has put up several stunning looks on red carpets this year.
8. Dakore Akande: This mum of two has been fabulous this year 🙂
9. Kate Henshaw: The fitness expert, actress cum politician made the list too.
10. It Girl, Kemi Lala Akindoju: The IT girl whose lead role in Tunde Kelani’s Dazzling Mirage has earned her a top spot in Nollywood got everyone talking when she played the best man at OC Ukeje’s wedding. Lala stepped up her game this year and she just keeps killing it on the red carpets.