by Hauwa Gambo
So you already know: many Nigerians, and Africans, were rooting for US President Barack Obama in his first election debate against Mitt Romney in Denver.
Well, sorry, the world called it: Obama lost this one.
Caricatured as a bumbling, fumbling candidate, the Republican Romney came out swinging – and smashed the stereotypes.
See his top 5 memorable quotes below:
1. “And congratulations to you, Mr. President, on your anniversary. I’m sure this was the most romantic place you could imagine — here with me!”
2. “Mr. President, you’re entitled to your own house and your own airplane, but not your own facts.”
3. “I’m sorry, Jim, I’m gonna stop the subsidy to PBS… I like PBS. I love Big Bird. I actually like you, too.”
4. “Look, I got five boys. I’m used to people saying something that’s not always true, but just keep on repeating it and ultimately hoping I will believe it.”
5. “I’ve been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you’re talking about. Maybe I need to get a new accountant, but the idea you get a break for shipping jobs overseas, is simply not the case.”