by Hauwa Gambo
A source has just told CNN that an arrest has been made in the Boston Marathon bombings.
According to the network, “The arrest came after analysis of two separate videos of one of the two explosions, which killed three and injured more than 180 people.
“The arrest is based on two videos showing images of the suspect, a federal law enforcement source told CNN contributor Fran Townsend.”
However, according to the Twitter handle @Boston_Police, this is not true. “Despite reports to the contrary,” it says, “there has not been an arrest in the marathon attack.”
More details as they emerge.
CNN has now reported that its earlier report is false. According to it’s live-blog:
After law enforcement sources told CNN that an arrest was made in Boston Marathon bombings, two senior administration officials and another federal official told CNN contributor Fran Townsend that no arrest happened.
The bombs, which exploded 12 seconds apart near Boston Marathon finish line Monday, killed three people and wounded 183.
[Updated at 2:33 p.m. ET] There is conflicting information as to whether someone has been arrested in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings.
A federal law enforcement source told CNN’s Fran Townsend that someone was arrested. But two senior administration officials and another federal official then told Townsend that there had been a misunderstanding among officials and that no one has been arrested.
[Updated at 2:23 p.m. ET] As news of an arrest spreads, a crowd has been gathering outside a federal courthouse in Boston.