The Kaduna Restoration Group (KRG) has accused the Governor of Kaduna, Nasir el-Rufai, of trying to orchestrate his second term.
- Buhari has endorsed my second term in 2019 – El-Rufai.
- A statement jointly signed by Alhaji Ahmed Tijjani Ramalan and Prof. Yusuf Dankofa, chairman and secretary respectively, of the group, read, “We are also aware of the desperation of the governor and his cronies, who have clearly seen that despite their hollow propaganda to project their so-called candidate as the best thing to have happened to Kaduna State in recent times, have realised that the masses of Kaduna State and other teeming stakeholders have come to understand that the governor is simply unsellable and unelectable in 2019.
- “It is based on the above background that the said political jobbers, who are themselves political liabilities with zero electoral value, decided to adopt this ‘black market’ approach to clear the coast for their benefactor, which is an antithesis to all known democratic ethos that embodies fair contest and choice for the people.”
- According to the statement, after spending about three years in office, Governor el-Rufai had dissipated more energy in fighting and abusing perceived enemies, apart from embarking on white elephant and multitude of incomplete and abandoned projects.
What this means:
- The division already evident in the state chapter of the party has further spread.
- The governor is not widely accepted as he has been claiming.