These are the top five stories that drove the conversation today.
- Edo governorship election ongoing
The Edo governorship election took place today and results have started filtering in.
2. House of Reps suspends Jibrin over budget padding allegations
The House of Representatives on Wednesday suspended the former Chairman of the House Committee on Appropriations, Abdulmumin Jibrin for 180 legislative days over his budget padding allegations.
3. We are already getting out of recession – Adeosun
Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun on Wednesday said the measures taken by the Federal Government are already bringing Nigeria out of recession.
4. Alleged $12.92b laundering: Senate’s claim unfounded, without merit – MTN
Telecommunications giant, MTN on Wednesday described as “unfounded” and “baseless” allegations that it illegally moved $12.92 billion out of Nigeria between 2006 and 2016.
5. FG yet to decide on assets sale – Lai Mohammed
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed says the Federal Government is yet to take any decision on the sale of national assets.