These are the top five stories that drove the conversation today.
- Budget Padding: Dogara sealed my office to destroy evidence – Jibrin
Honourable Abdulmumin Jibrin has accused Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara of directing his cohorts to seal his office in order to destroy evidence.
2. Buhari had a hand in messy Edo election – PDP
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of being party to the sham it observed during the Edo election.
3. Recession: Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan deserve to be blamed – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari says past administrations in the country since the restoration of democracy in 1999 deserved to be blamed for the country’s woes.
4. Budget Padding: Return illegal allowances within 3 days or… | Jibrin tells lawmakers
Suspended former Chairman of the House of Representatives committee on Appropriations, Abdulmumin Jibrin on Thursday asked his colleagues to return illegal allowances they paid themselves within 3 days or face the consequences.
5. Kerosene should be sold for N150 per litre, NNPC tells markerters
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has urged all marketers of petroleum products not to sell kerosene beyond N150 per litre.