These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
1. BREAKING: Boko Haram kills another Lieutenant Colonel in ambush
Boko Haram insurgents have killed Lieutenant Colonel B.U. Umar, in an ambush.
2. Atiku’s obsession for power fuelled National Assembly crisis – El-Rufai
Kaduna governor Nasir El-Rufai says former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s obsession with power was a major factor behind the crisis in the National Assembly.
3. Just In: Niger Delta Avengers destroy 3 pipelines in Bayelsa
Niger Delta Avengers on Tuesday said it has destroyed three trunk pipelines in Bayelsa State.
4. Senate returns Buhari’s nominee list of non-career ambassadors
The Senate on Tuesday rejected the list of 46 non-career ambassador sent to it by President Muhammadu Buhari.
5. Why we opened fire on Shi’ites in Kano – IGP
The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris has said his men had no option than to open fire at Shi’ites members who were marching in Kano on Monday.