These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
- NCC suspends increase in data tariff
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has suspended the planned increase of data tariff following public outcry against the decision.
The increase was expected to take effect from December 1 but has now been suspended.
2. El-Rufai is a bug, parasite to Buhari’s administration – Shehu Sani
Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani has put the governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai on blast over his indefinite suspension by the All Progressives Congress in the state.
3. FG didn’t order NCC to increase data tariff – minister
The Minister of Communication, Adebayo Shittu has said the Federal Government did not give the National Communication Commission (NCC) an order to increase data tariff.
4. Senate orders NCC to halt data tariff increase
The Senate has ordered the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to halt the planned increase of prices for data.
The Senate gave the order on Wednesday after a motion raised by the Deputy Senate Leader, Ibn N’Allah.
5. Federal Executive Council approves 2017 national budget
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) which was presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday has approved the 2017 national budget.