These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
- I CHALLENGE YOU TO BACK YOUR ALLEGATIONS WITH PROOF! | MERCY AIGBE REPLIES HUSBAND
Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe has reacted to allegations by her husband, Lanre Gentry that she is mentally unstable.
The actress had accused her hotelier husband of physically assaulting during their 7-year-old marriage.
2. ‘SEVEN YEARS GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN’ | JONATHAN PAYS TRIBUTE TO YAR’ADUA
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has paid tribute to late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua who died in office.
Jonathan was sworn-in as President after Yar’Adua died after a protracted battle with Acute Pericarditis in 2010.
3. ‘I AM NOT DEAD…I HAVE NOT STARTED KILLING YET’ | SHEKAU SAYS IN VIDEO
Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau in a new video has denied reports that he was injured in a recent military raid.
Reports had said Shekau sustained injuries while his deputy died when air force fighter jets targeted a location in Borno where members of the sect gathered.
4. BUHARI ATTENDS JUMA’AT PRAYER IN ASO ROCK
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday joined the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, the National Security Adviser, Mohammed Babagana Monguno, and other officials to attend the Friday Juma’at prayer.
5. MERCY AIGBE’S HUSBAND, LANRE GENTRY ABSENT AT FIRST COURT PROCEEDINGS
The divorce proceedings involving Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe and her enstranged husband, Lanre Gentry started today in Lagos.
According to news platform, the actress was present while Gentry was absent from the proceedings.