We were too sure Linda Ikeji was done after LIS. The studio, the online TV platform, the social networking site, wasn’t that everything she promised under the Linda Ikeji Media umbrella?
Early this afternoon, Linda Ikeji announced Linda Ikeji Music, a music culture website where users can download music from every genre, get updates on music events, read reviews and be immersed in the Nigerian music culture. Basically, it’s NotJustOk.com wrapped in Linda’s favourite colour, red.
We won’t come back here to say AGAIN that Linda Ikeji is set to take over Nigeria’s online media space. It is established now, she owns all of it and maybe, even all of us.
Here are five things to know about Linda Ikeji Music:
- It’s everything like everything you’ve seen before: If you’ve seen NotJustOk and TooXclusive, then that’s what you get with the new Linda Ikeji Music. Unlike LIS that we aptly described as novel, we’re yet to see anything, at least the tiniest element of anything refreshing on this platform. Though it promises exclusive content, we’re not sure how this will play out, except of course, music made at her studio goes up on LIM first and stays there for a while, before it becomes public (and this doesn’t even sound remotely possible).
- LIM is a spin-off of Linda Ikeji Studios: And it makes business sense, really. If you have to be a mogul, then you have to incorporate all the possible aspects of the business. The recording studio and the content site will make collaborative efforts to push the brand, then we expect that Linda Ikeji will reach the peak with a record label.
- Move over, Soundcity! LIM has a Top Ten Nigeria countdown every month: LIM helps you curate the hottest Nigerian songs every month and you do not need to download the songs. You can just click the “Play” icon on the site and enjoy good music, at least, according to the taste of the individual who runs that section of the site.
- The exciting part: There’s a column that tends to party lovers. Don’t know where to hang out over the weekend? Then head over to LIM for event details. This is particularly thoughtfull. We appreciate how Linda Ikeji knows what the Nigerian audience needs and strives to meet these needs.
- LIM will thrive on the name, Linda Ikeji: As we know that she loves to plaster her name on everything she does, we assume that LIM will strike gold based on the name. Unlike her competitors, NotJustOk.com and TooXclusive.com who are powered by almost anonymous individuals, Linda Ikeji’s ready-made audience from her blog and social networking site will move over to LIM. So, we know that the site will not lack traffic.