The President of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe came all out for U.S. President Donald Trump at the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday – calling him the “Giant Gold Goliath.”
- Mugabe, 93, took Trump to task both on policy and appearance.
- “Some of us were,” Mugabe said, pausing for emphasis, “embarrassed, if not frightened, by what appeared to be the return of the biblical Giant Gold Goliath.”
- “Are we having a return of Goliath to our midst, who threatens the extinction of other countries?”
- “And may I say to the United States president, Mr Trump, please blow your trumpet — blow your trumpet in a musical way towards the values of unity, peace, cooperation, togetherness, dialogue, which we have always stood for and which are well-writ in our very sacred document, the Charter of the United Nations.”
- Mugabe voiced particular concern over Trump’s plan to withdraw the United States from the Paris accord on climate change.
- Trump stunned longtime UN watchers on Tuesday by threatening from the podium to “totally destroy” North Korea, describing its leader Kim Jong-Un as “Rocket Man.”