The third edition of PALEC Awards has come and gone but it will not be forgotten so soon, even as we remember the theme: Eulogising the Trailblazers.
Organised by Prestige Anchor International, PALEC AWARDS and Student Leadership Conference held at Festus Iyayi Hall, University of Benin, Ugbowo Campus, bringing together over 10 campuses in the South-South including AAU, UNIBEN, DELSU, FUPRE, FUO, NDU, UNIPORT, UNICAL, CRUTECH, RSU. Other campuses represented are FUAM, Adeyemi College of Education Ondo, and Federal College of Education Okene among others.
PALEC AWARDS is an award committed to recognising and awarding students, individuals, firms, platforms who had served one way or the other to solving societal leadership problems faced by our vibrant and talented academic and social environment, empowering youth of today and building their skills and capacity. This is imperative to serve as an encouragement for upcoming youth to arise and take charge of the community in a bid to cause a paradigm shift and social change. The conference is set to preach leadership and panel discussion to set student leaders in focus and build their capacity.
The CEO of Consistent Energy Limited, Mr Segun Adagu (Chairman of the event), in his opening remark, expressed deep commitment and charged the participants to expect nothing but the best at the event. He further said that “we should leave this event and go out to change our world”.
The Convener of the Event – CEO/Chief Anchor, Prestige Anchor International, Leader Adebayo Nathaniel Ademola, expressed his great appreciation to all delegates from the Institutions. He stated that “success is all about growing yourself when you become a leader, success is about growing others’’.
The event was anchored by MC Jamesdon, Mizz Kossy, MC Vin, Magic Voice and was attended by special guests including: Reverend Mrs Ijeoma Emeribe – President/Founder of Woman Africa International (Mother of the day) represented by Rev. Mrs Rachael O. Esemikose; Honourable Usman Buhari Ali Gwandu – Senior Special Assistant/State Co-ordinator to Kebbi Governor represented by Hon Quadri-Adu S. Kehinde; Osama Iyawe (PhD) – Chairman/Visionary, Nehemiah Transformation Initiative; Terkimbi Joshua Aju – President, AIESEC Nigeria; Oyinwola Babatope Don – CEO/MD Campus Alive Initiative; Niyi Adegboye – Senior Business Developer, Accounteer represented by Lanre Ogungbe; Silas Ozoya – CEO, Kampus Tv NG and Ask Silas; Pastor B.S Manus – CEO/Director of Walk In Light Nigeria Limited; Ndubuisi Precious Umebei – National President of Association of Young Nigeria Writers; Ademuyiwa Adebola Taofeek – Director, TAIFEDFC; Enaholo Raymond – CEO/Operation Head, Bout Drinks; Engineer Nurudeen Adeyemi Balogun represented by Hon. Waheed Abolaji; Mrs Oyintonyo Michael-Olomu (PhD) – Assistant Director of the Mike Olomu’s Foundation and a member of the Favour Nwaka Foundation (FNF).
The event started with the Student Leadership Conference (SLC) where student leaders were charged and given mantle to effective leadership anchored by our special guest speakers.
Iyawe spoke on “the Masculinity of Leadership, Femininity and the Radical Society” where he addressed gender disparity in leadership and the need to indulge both genders to rise to the call of leadership and governance especially the female folks.
Honourable Kehinde spoke on “the Place of Advocacy in Student Leadership over Puppets”. He emphatically pointed out that student leaders should stand for student rights, advocate for their students and never be moved or dictated to.
Mr Adaju handled the Leadership Mantle session where he spoke on “the Anecdotes for Superlative Leadership Igniting Paradigm Shift and Social Change”. He said “you have the opportunity to become what you want to become. Don’t waste your generation”.
Whatever you do, be diligent with it – Dr. Segun Adagu
Esemikose emphasised the place of women in leadership and governance during the add talk session. She added that women play a special role in leadership that cannot be discarded.
Certificate of Exemplary Student Leadership and Stewardship was given to 12 students for their outstanding leadership qualities while in office. The awardees include: Isaac Chibuzor Isaac; Idogho Omonigbo Theodora; Nwachukwu Edith Chidinma; Chioma Kalu; Ohanwe Emmanuel; Edmond Special Walters; Mayowa Ajebeku; Emmanuel Oluwasayomi Ahmadu; Ogbor Odey Friday; Prince Innocent; Ogbemudia Eddy Uwoghiran; Ezinwa O. Stellamaris
Special Merit Awards were presented to 10 exceptional personalities for their leadership, business, and empowerment qualities towards the society. The awardees are:
- Reverend Mrs. Ijeoma Emeribe – Women Empowerment Activist of the Year
- Segun Adaju – Leadership Personality of the Year
- Honourable Usman Buhari Ali Gwandu – Leadership Personality of the Year
- Terkimbi Joshua Aju – Leadership Personality of the Year
- Donald Ike Igwegbu – Leadership Personality of the Year
- Oyinwola Babatope Don – Leadership and Business Enthusiast of the Year
- Silas Ozoya – Youth Entrepreneur and Business Development Enthusiast of the Year
- Alhaji Ishaku Bello – Leadership Personality of the Year
- Professor Benson Osadolor – Leadership Personality of the Year
- Engineer Nurudeen Adeyemi Balogun – Leadership Personality of the Year.
Eight (8) distinguished personality were awarded under the Youth Category including –
- Ololade Olakunle Olalekan – Youth and Leadership Vanguard of the Year
- Adebayo Victor Babafemi – Youth Leadership Personality of the Year
- Charles Osagie – Young and Visionary Leader of the Year
- Ndubuisi Precious Umebei – Young and Emerging Leader of the Year
- Abayomi Adewumi – Youth Capacity Building Activist of the Year
- Ademuyiwa Adebola Taofeek – Youth and Education Advocate of the Year
- Enaholo Raymond – Leadership and Business Enthusiast of the Year
- Osikenyi Enyinnaya Igwe Osisiogu – Youth Advocate and Peace Ambassador of the Year
In line with the vision of PALEC AWARDS to recognise firms and platforms that have made an exceptional feat through the years. Six (6) firms stood out and were awarded at the event including-
- Bright Capacity for Community Development – Youth Development and Empowerment Firm of the Year
- Accounteer – Business Development Platform of the Year
- Campus Alive Initiative – Best Campus Brand of the Year
- Woman Africa International – Best Women Empowerment Firm of the Year
- Walk In Light Nigeria Limited – Best Youth Capacity Development Firm of the Year
- Bout Drinks – Most Innovative Event Planning Firm of the Year
Under the voting category, 4 staff, 15 students and brands emerged winners. The awardees are –
- Professor Akii Ibahdode – Humanitarian of the Year
- Oyintonyo Michael-Olomu (PhD)- Women Empowerment Activist of the Year
- Osama Iyawe (PhD) – Most Inspiring, Dedicated & Exemplary Leader of the Year
- Nlerum Promise Anebo (PhD)– Most Dedicated and Inspiring Leader of the Year
BRANDS/PLATFORMS AND INDIVIDUALS
- Take Charge Initiatives – Leadership and Capacity Building Platform and Event of the Year
- Creative Peto Concept – Best Student Innovative Brand of the Year
- Okpoto Maxwell – Student Entrepreneur of the Year
- AAU Online News – Youth Capacity Building Blog of the Year
- Ukachukwu Ifunanya – Student CEO of the Year
- Tunde Joseph Adegnayi (TUJO) – Most Inspiring Artist of the Year
- Borokinni Joshua – Most Intellectual Writer of the Year
- Ekume Chidimma Blessing – Women Leader of the Year
- Aliu Abdulrauf – Most Innovative Student of the Year
- Matthew Dayo Osarodion – Student Activist of the Year
- James Profit Taylor – Most Influential Student Leader of the Year
- Elemchukwu Victor – Student Leadership Personality of the Year
- Oyeribhor Benita – Student Media Personality of the Year
- Enaholo Abel Usiale – Most Outstanding Campus Leader, Capacity Builder and Empowerment Activist
- Eden Odein Benibo – Most Outstanding Campus Leader, Capacity Builder and Empowerment Activist
The Convener, Ademola awarded Six (6) individuals at the event including:
- Ehiabhi Goodnews – Student Advocate and Peace Ambassador of the Year
- Wonah Martin Odey – Most Creative Writer and Capacity Builder of the Year
- Lucky Oyakhilome Izibili – Best LOC of the Year
- Ali Rahmat Adesire – Best Executive of the Year
- Arogundade Johnson – Youth Entrepreneur of the Year
- Mackson Utieyin Ode – Most Inspiring and Exemplary Student Leader of the Year
The event also featured entrepreneur empowerment where Mr. Alfa Abdulrazak Sheidu won the sum of Thirty thousand naira, free mentorship, free Accounteer account, branding and awareness.
The event also featured add-on talks by special guests at the event, free celebration meal, artists performances from amazing artists such as Dina Reigns, Itoya, Peto, Jaycen, Victor Ndams, Tyscene. Dance performance by MJ, Empire Dancers. Comedy by Jamesdon, Official Chicken, Mc Goodluck and spoken word by Michelle Reeves, Sir Godswill.
The event was proudly supported by – |Woman Africa International | Prestige Anchor Foundation |Campus Alive Initiative |Bout Drinks| Accounteer |MumPreneur |YNaija |Creative Peto Concept |AIESEC Nigeria |Campus Anchor Newsy |Kampus TV Nigeria| Girl Hub Africa| Consistent Energy LTD |Walk In Light Nigeria Limited.
It is imperative to note that the event is Free of Charge, No Award was bought and the Process is genuine and real. PALEC AWARDS and Student Leadership Conference has finally come to stay. Let’s support their mission and let’s transform Nigeria as they seek for support, sponsorship and donators in her next edition to hold in UNILAG for the South West Zone. They can be reached on – 09091670393, 08148851427 and Email – [email protected]