The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has told Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose that the zoning of the Presidential ticket to the north still stands.
- Fayose had earlier this year announced his wife intention to run for the Presidency in 2019.
- He had boasted that he would collect power from President Muhammadu Buhari.
- The governor had written a letter to his party on Tuesday officially informing it about his decision to run for the Presidency.
National Publicity Secretary of the party, Prince Dayo Adeyeye while speaking with PUNCH said Fayose has to respect the decision already taken by the party.
- Fayose was present at the convention where the Presidential ticket was zoned to the north.
- The governor, who is a leader in the party should not be disobeying its decisions.
“The highest organ of the party, which is the national convention, zoned the presidential ticket of the PDP to the North. That has not changed. The same national convention zoned the position of the national chairman to the South. The convention has yet to change any of these two.
“That (national convention) is the supreme organ of the party. Those decisions are binding on all members of the party. Nobody can alter these decisions.”
“The governor is a member of the party and was at the convention where these decisions were taken. As a leader of the party, one expected the governor to respect the party and its decisions. If someone in such an office is breaking the decisions of the party, what do you expect from the rank and file,” he said.