by Kolapo Olapoju
Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, has spewed some scathing words at the ruling party, Peoples Democratic Party.
Aregbesola says President Goodluck Jonathan should be held responsible for the continous theft of crude oil in the Niger Delta, while also alleging that the president awarded the contract of securing the nation’s pipelines to a single individual.
The governor,- while speaking in Osogbo on Monday, December 29, during the public presentation of a book by Amitolu Shitu, – had nothing but unflattering words for the PDP and Jonathan.
Below are five quotes culled from his speech delivered by his media aide, Semiu Okanlawon:
1. “We must remember that the encounter of our people and experience, especially in the South-West geo-political zone, have never brought anything positive. From time immemorial, our people had associated their party(PDP) with misfortune. And till today, they remain the same,” Aregbesola told the audience.”
2. “Wherever you find the PDP, you will find misery, poverty and under-development. This is the time for all of you to reconvene and ensure that we rescue our country before it is too late”
3. “The PDP-led Federal Government has foisted double tragedy on the people through lack of transparency in oil revenues. Even before the price of crude oil crashed in the international market, the PDP-led Federal Government had robbed Nigerians of the oil fortunes through fraud of unimaginable proportions.”
4. “The Federal Government is the authority in charge of the Navy, the Army, the Police, Air Force and other security agencies, yet, they tell us that 400,000 barrels of crude are stolen.”
5. “Who is stealing the crude oil? And these are despite a questionable contract for the protection of oil pipelines and waterways awarded to an individual. They have no other excuse to give. The only way is to vote them out.”