The minister of interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau says, on Friday in Jos, that the Operation Python Dance II exercise of the Nigerian army in Abia was not set up to intimidate the residents.
- The exercise was created to ensure that law-abiding citizens are protected.
- Dambazau said he was in Jos on a fact-finding mission and also on a solidarity visit to the government and people of the state over the fracas on Thursday. He said the federal government was taking measures to ensure peace and security on October 1.
- “I don’t know the details of that Operation Python Dance II…But I want to believe that the essence is not to intimidate but to ensure that law-abiding citizens are protected.”
- “Measures are in place with the security agencies and intelligence community, to ensure that nobody is harassed by October 1st.”
- “Even those that issued the quit notice have withdrawn it.”
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram