by Rachel Ogbu
Joint Task Force (JTF) in Maiduguri in its newest effort to get rid of the Islamic militant group, has placed a N50 million bounty on Abubakar Shekau, the leader of Boko Haram and 19 other leaders in the group were also declared wanted.
Reports claim that although the Federal Government was never into any kind of negotiation with the Boko Haram sect, the JTF was taking control.
The task force also placed N25 million each on four men, described as “Shurra Committee. They are: Habibu Yusuf (aka Asalafi); Khalid Albarnawai; Momodu Bama; and Mohammed Zangina.
In a statement, the task force said 14 other men, described as “Boko Haram Commanders,” have a reward of N10m each for whoever hands them in. The statement also said the men were wanted for arson and destruction of property worth millions of naira.
The statement said, “They are wanted in connection with terrorist activities particularly in the North East Zone of Nigeria that led to the killings, bombings and assassination of some civilians, religious leaders, traditional rulers, businessmen, politicians, civil servants and security personnel amongst others.”
Below is a list of the names and reward placed on them:
1. Abubakar Shekau – N50 Million
2. Habibu Yusuf (a.k.a Asalafi) – N25 Million
3. Khalid Albarnawai – N25 Million
4. Momodu Bama – N25 Million
5. Mohammed Zangina – N25 Million
BOKO HARAM COMMANDERS
6. Abu Saad – N10 Million
7. Abba Kaka – N10 Million
8. Abdulmalik Bama – N10 Million
9. Umar Fulata – N10 Million
10. Alhaji Mustapha (Massa) Ibrahim – N10 Million
11. Abubakar Suleiman-Habu (a.k.a Khalid) – N10 Million
12. Hassan Jazair – N10 Million
13. Ali Jalingo – N10 Million
14. Alhaji Musa Modu – N10 Million
15. Bashir Aketa – N10 Million
16. Abba Goroma – N10 Million
17. Ibrahim Bashir – N10 Million
18. Abubakar Zakariya – N10 Million
19. Tukur Ahmed Mohammed – N10 Million
Anybody with relevant information should contact the following GSM numbers: 08064174066, 070855464012, and 08154429345. Informants’ identities will be highly protected.